Field Trips and Group Visits
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center offers fun, educational field trips and group visits. All visits are self-guided, allowing students and their chaperones to experience the museum at their own pace. Group rates are applied to pre-formed groups such as schools, daycare facilities, churches, home-school groups or after-school groups.
Field Trips and Group Visits include:
- A brief orientation and overview of the museum
- 2 hours to explore our interactive exhibits
- Option to have a half-hour lunch on the museum grounds. Visitors must bring their own sack lunch. Picnic areas are available with limited seating, weather permitting.
Field Trips and Group Visits are scheduled Tuesday through Friday, subject to availability.
Minimum group size is 10. Maximum group size is 200.
Chaperones are required at a minimum ratio of 1:5.
Cost is $8 per child, parent or chaperone. Teachers and staff are free.
Harrison County School discount – $7 per child, parent or chaperone. (Any public, private or parochial school that is located in Harrison County)
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at least one month prior to visit.
Schedule Your Visit
To schedule a visit, fill out the following form and someone will contact you with confirmation. If you have any questions or do not hear back in a timely manner, contact Anne Aranda at 228.897.6039, extension 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for a Fun, Successful Visit
Here are a few suggestions for both teachers and parent chaperones to help create a fun and successful visit:
- Pre-assign every 5 children to 1 adult or teacher.
- Name tags are very helpful (but no pins, please).
- Collect both child and adult monies for final payment in advance, and remember that we do not accept coins.
- Groups may pick and choose areas to visit and the amount of time spent on each activity. Click here for more on our exhibits.
- Adults, be ready to play!
- Picnic areas are available with limited seating, weather permitting.
- Store lunches in closed containers–the squirrels and birds have big appetites!
- We do not have inside space available for lunch.
Stuffee & Star Lab
Stuffee teaches children about the human body, and Star Lab gives students an up-close look at the solar system. They can be added to your field trip for an additional fee. For more information, click here.